What to pack for the apocolypse

Hello there fellow human who is barley grasping onto the will to live!

Well, for now, that barley might turn into a  top priority.

Ever wonder what would happen if the un-dead were to suddenly take over the earth? Would you even be prepared, are you prepared? Well, i’m here to make sure you don’t turn into a fresh walking piece of meat to these cannibalistic predators.

Weapons and tools

Some good tools to bring into the wastelands would be one or more of the following:

Baseball Bat ( Metal most effective ), High quality Swiss army knife, flashlight, flare gun, batteries, water purifier, and or a radio.

Having one or more of said items could easily protect you and help you greatly.

Food and water

Best food to eat would probably be soup, granola bars, certain fruits, and the top of the line, bread and potatoes. Find even those two and your set. For water, a river high in the mountains or your own fluids would be good, don’t forget to use the purifier if you have one.

Those are just some of the basics, if you find anything else helpful then please try and secure yourself. Now then, I have a question for you, leave your answer in the comments and tell me what you think, good luck, and don’t die.

Is having a shelter better? Or is being a nomad wasteland runner better?

58 thoughts on “What to pack for the apocolypse

1. Oh yes I wont forget to bring this things! I will bring lots of FOOD AND WATER!
    I dont think a zombie apocalypse will happen! Oh well, all I want is to stay alive.

-Karah
    Visit me too http://karahsblog.weebly.com/
    I would appreciate if you would comment too…
    Please visit at your free times!

2. Dear Karah,

I like your choice to right about a zombie apocalypes and what you woud need to survive. It is an interesting topic that I think will get a lot of comments. I belive being a wasteland nommad is better because you won’t need to be worried about getting cornered by zombies, plus if you are a wasteland nommad, than you won’t really run out of recorces. One of the only dounsides of being a watesland nommad is that you will travle and travle and you will get thirty and hungry a lot quiker. A question that I have for you is your questions that you put on this. Thankyou and heres alink to my blog. https://www.writeabout.com/members/lb7852-s130062/

3. Dear Kaan,
    I think I will survive the zombie attack. I like how you put in specific details about what to do to survive. Your tips will be really helpful when the zombies do attack. I think having a shelter is better than being a nomad. A shelter can protect you and you won’t have to get used to a different surrounding.

Sincerely,
    Austin

4. Dear Kaan,
    First off, I really like this post. It has a lot of details, especially on what to bring for any apocalypse. So if an unfortunate apocalypse was to strike, I will definitely be using this list. Now, for the question, I think having a shelter is way better than being a nomad wasteland runner. I say this because if you were a wasteland runner, eventually you would run out of oxygen, since it could be on a nuclear wasteland. In a shelter, you could never run out of oxygen.
    Also, if you had no food or water and can’t find any, what would you do in the apocalypse?

My blog – https://www.writeabout.com/student/

Sincerely,
    Luisa

5. Lucky you Kaan, you would be able to survive off of the Terrou-Bi’s dope food lol. Nice article bro, congrats on being featured!!! I will definitely be consulting you the next time the dead come back 🙂

6. I really like how you tell specifics on what food and protection to bring. If the apocalypse does happen then having a gun or bow might help out even more. A lot of people could use your advice on the apocalypse. Why a metal bat and not wooden?

• Well you see I would’ve packed a gun but one problem was sound, If I fire even one shot every zombie within a good mile would hear it and come to me, which would be unfortunate. Also I chose metal because its harder and much more durable than would, also it hits harder

7. Dear Kaan,

I think I could survive the walkers… well only because I watch The Walking Dead of course! But I like how you put specific tools that would be nice to help you out in a zombie outburst. I think being a nomad runner would be amazing to be able to do, because if something happens to your shelter… you can find a new one.

• Absolute genius, I would like to have you on my survival team! I don’t watch that much of the walking dead but I really want to, it sounds interesting!

8. I like how you were specific about what to bring such as, water and protection. It would be better to be nomad because you wouldn’t have to worry about running out of resources. I think a lot of people could use your advice about a apocalypse. Also, why would you choose a metal bat over a wood bat?

• Well for resources we could always raid houses and other places. And a metal bat hits harder then a wood so its quite useful for a group attack!

9. dear Kaan,
    I really like this post! I think you did a great job with explaining yourself thoroughly. I think you will survive the Apocalypse, but you might need more supplies! Other than that you will be just fine. Come visit my site,
    21bloomj.edublogs.org 🙂

10. Kaan,
    This was a very good list of things to have if there was a zombie apocalypse. Did you know the military has MRE’s that have a perfect meal that would be amazing to have. I too have been interested by the idea of a zombie apocalypse happening. Have you looked up the chances of a zombie apocalypse happening? It would be interesting to know.
    Sincerely, Marshall

• Well there are actually existing diseases that are somewhat similar to the appearance and actions of a zombie, so worst case scenario it is possible, little, but possible.

• Kaan,

thank you very much for replying to my comment. It would be very interesting if one of those diseases suddenly turned into something like the Black Plague and there would be a epidemic.

11. I think that it would be best to have a home base but be nomadic for the rest of the day. I really like all of the information. Another thing to take with you would be a bow and arrow or a crossbow, because they don’t run out of ammo unless you lose your arrows. I actually like to think that I’m somewhat prepared for the apocalypse. Do you think you are prepared?

12. Hey i just started edublogs and wondered if you have any tips and thanks for preparing me in case a zombie apocalypses happens.

• Welcome to edublogs then! And a tip I have for you, write something abstract and creative that appeals to people your age I myself have the mind of a 10 year old so I pretty much just mess around and take it easy, don’t stress it!

And in the case of the apocalypse, I’ll be in Hawaii, water+zombies don’t go well

13. I really like this topic. Even though Im sure this wouldn’t happen but i would be a nomad wasteland runner because if you stay in one spot, it could easily be destroyed from when zombies come and corner you, so its better to always travel, you can even find food and drinks as you travel.

14. I like how you explained what to pack. I would also pack a quiet weapon like a bow
    to help with the zombies.would you be a roamer.

15. Dear Kaan,
    First off, this post is very interesting. Some of movies that I watch that talk about the zombie apocalypse don’t really say what you would need. But, then again, those are movies. I would of add gun to my pack but it weould be dangerous. Also, having a shelter is better than being a wasteland nomad since you can stay in one place. Why would you use a bat though? That woyuld mean close combat and you don’t want to get eaten. Thanks.
    – Colleen

• Well you see a if I were to swing the bat at the zombies head, a.k.a its weak point, and if by chance it was effective, then, well. Thats one less zombie I need to deal with. Close combat is a risk buts its super effective

16. Dear Kaan,
    If an apocalypse were to occur I would be sure to use your advice. I wouldn’t survive that long out there, but your advice would help me survive for how ever long I were to survive. Thank you I will be sure to inform my family. What made you want to write about this topic?

17. Kaan,
    Thanks for the tips, I am definitely going to be ready for when the Apocalypse happens. I really like all of the information it really helps!

18. I really like this post! I think you did a great job with explaining yourself thoroughly. This was a very good list of things to have if there was a zombie apocalypse. Even though Im sure this wouldn’t happen but i would be a nomad wasteland runner because if you stay in one spot, it could easily be destroyed from when zombies come and corner you, so its better to always travel, you can even find food and drinks as you travel. I think you will survive the Apocalypse, but you might need more supplies! Other than that you will be just fine. I actually like to think that I’m somewhat prepared for the apocalypse. Do you think you are prepared?

19. Hmm, honestly I haven’t really thought what it would be like if un-dead suddenly took over the Earth. I think a nomad wasteland runner better because you can always find a new shelter and go out and search for food. Which one would you choose, having a better shelter, or being a nomad wasteland runner? and Why?

• I would be a nomad wasteland runner for the following reasons: I could search the land for resources like food, water, tools, weapons, it would be really helpful to find those. Also If I stay in one spot I could get cornered which would be problematic

• Writing this post was fun! Though I wonder what would really happen if this scenario would come to life, or should I say…

Come back to life.

20. Dear Kaan,
    Your creative post is very informative and clearly explains what to pack when a zombie apocalypse strikes, well done!
    From, Anesha.

21. hi kaan
    cool post. i think that the water and the food would be the most important thing.
    also, my favorite item, DUCT TAPE.

22. Dear Kaan,
    You sound like a great person with useful advice! In case of an apocalypse, I would totally bring water, food, and couple clothing. Water and food are very important in one’s life, therefore you should always know that if your evacuating, always bring them. In addition, like you said in your post, it is great to bring weapons and tools to defend yourself!
    Come check out my blog at: sarenkabir0603.blogspot.com
    Sincerely,
    Sarena

23. I believe, it could go both ways, they both have pros and cons. A nomad wasteland runner wont run out of food and water as quickly and will never be cornered by zombies, but they will get wore out faster from waking so much. Having a shelter keeps you from being visible to zombies and bad weather. Also, you can grow crops, although other people can come steal your shelter. This was very interesting it made me think about my favorite show The Walking Dead.

24. Hi, my name is Duncan. I think that having a shelter would be more helpful than to be a nomad wasteland runner because a shelter will provide defenses, possibly food and water, and a nice place to sleep. Being a wasteland runner would mean you don’t have many defenses, and you are usually alone.
    I would appreciate it if you come visit my blog at http://2022dxg.edublogs.org/